mina n : tropical Asian starlings [syn: myna, mynah, minah, myna bird, mynah bird] [also: minae (pl)]
- A given name, short for Wilhelmina.
Mina can refer to:
Places named Mina
- Mina (unit), ancient unit of weight defined as being 50 shekels.
- Gregor Mina, a Scottish marketer, currently with Belhaven Brewery.
- Mina (singer), stage name of Mina Anna Mazzini, an Italian female singer from the late 1950s to date.
- Jasmina Kostić Mina, popular folk singer from Serbia.
- Shim Mina, a Korean singer also known as the "World Cup Girl".
- Denise Mina, a Scottish crime writer
- Mina (drama), Korean drama.
- Saint Menas, Egyptian Saint of the 3rd Century AD. Saint Minas is a Coptic (Egyptian) Orthodox Saint.
- Menes, a pharaoh known for uniting Upper and Lower Egypt into one kingdom. He is also known as King Narmar.
- Seong Mi-na, fictional character from the "Soul" series of fighting video games, such as SoulCalibur.
- Mina (Dragonlance), herald of the One God in the Dragonlance setting.
- Mina Harker, a key character in Bram Stoker's novel Dracula.
- Mina Tsukishiro, the main character in Getsumento Heiki Mina a spin of series that was began as a fictitious anime in Densha Otoko
- Mina Mongoose, a female Mongoose from the Sonic the Hedgehog Series.
- "Mina" was the name given to Minako Aino (Sailor Venus) in the English dub of the anime Sailor Moon.
- Mina (language) is a language close to the Gen language and the vehicular language of Lomé.
- "Mina", a Native people and initial rulers of the Dhundhar region in Rajasthan, India.
- MINA or Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications, a Java framework for creating high-performance networking applications.
- The Tambor Mina (Mina drum) is a large drum made out of a hollowed-out tree trunk in Venezuela.
- Mina Karadžić is the name of a Serbian 19th century poet.
- Mina (magazine), a Japanese fashion magazine
- MiNa (music group), a music group formed by Luk Zimmermann and Jaël Krebs, former members of Lunik
- Mina Majikina, a character in the Samurai Shodown series.
- "Mina", given name for males. In Arabic, etymologically it comes from the word "Amen" in Coptic language.
- "Mina", given name for males in Egypt. It is the name of the first pharaoh in Egypt, also called Menes
- "Mina", is a given name for females in Japanese.
- "Mina", means "everyone; all" in the Japanese language.
- "Mina", means "to laugh; smile" in the Ainu language.
- "Mína", is a shortened version of Spanish female given name "Guillermina".
- "Mina", given name for females in Korean; the meaning of the name can vary depending on used hanja.
- "Mina", given name for females. In Persian, it means azure and daisy flower.
- "Mina", given name for females in Nepal and India.
- "Mina", given name for females in Greek.
- "Mina", given name for females in Turkish; the meaning of the name is sky.
- "Mina", means "I" in the Estonian language.
- "Mina", means "precious" in the Nepalese language
- "Mina", means "love" in Pashto (an Afghan language)
- "Mina", is slang for "chick" or "gal" in Argentina.
- "Mina", means "love" in Old German (another way of spelling is "Minna")
- "Mina", is a shortened version of German female given name "Wilhelmina".
- "Mina", means "precious stone" in Hindi.
- "Mina", family name in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Jordan (although wrongly used, particularly by Muslims and non-Copts)
- "Mina", means "sea port" in Arabic language
- "Mina", means "mine" in Spanish
- "Mina", as in a "mine shaft" in Portuguese
- "Mina", means "(land-) mine" in Serbian.
- "Mina", means fish in Hindi.
- "Mina", means explosive mine in Italian, Swedish, Czech, and Russian ["мина"].
- "Mina", means 'facial expression' in Polish.
- Myna, a type of bird.
Mina in Indonesian: Mina
Mina in German: Mina
Mina in French: Mina
Mina in Dutch: Mina
Mina in Turkish: Mina